Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Rafiki twin flex 8 zone panel

Hi,

5 Zones enabled but only zone 5 is sounding when sounders set off, the other 4 zones are not responding when you set call points off or test the detectors. i also have a earth fault that wont go away i have earth continuity on all zones and at the panel. Its the first time i have installed a 8 zone panel are they much different from the 2 and 4 zone ones. 

Thanks

An earth fault is usually due to a cable fault or a core shorting to earth somewhere. You will need to find and recitify this before anything else.

8 zone panels are the same just bigger. Ensure you havnt connected the cable shield (it isnt a functional earth) to any devices or back boxes.

also check the earth cable that comes from the mains. There should also be a green/yellow earth cable that connects to a terminal on the PCB and if it isnt connected, it can show an earth fault.

In regards to the zones not working, are you getting any zone faults? If so does the LED flash faster than the buzzer or at the same rate as it?

Are you sure you switched the zones ON in the engineers menu???