Security Warehouse Support Forum

No text displayed on LCD keypad

Casualty

I'm just powering up a Texecom Veritas Excel system with an LCD keypad. The keypad is receiving power as it is illuminated, the power LED is lit and the keypad is accepting key presses. However, the LCD display remains blank and displays no characters. Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere or is the keypad/panel faulty?

Thanks!

have you checked that the cable connections are the same in the keypad and end station? Have you checked the fuses in the end station and have you checked the cable isnt damaged?

Does the keypad illuminate when the system is armed and does the keypad make a siren noise on power up or is it just the internal sounder?

Usually it is just cables being wired incorrectly that causes problems. Let us know how you get on ;D

Hi and thanks for the replies ;D

As I said in the original post, I am confident it was wired correctly, as keypad was illuminated, power light was on, together with the Unset and Tamper indicators. I am also sure the data connections were correctly wired as after initial power up, I was able to enter the default user code and default engineer code to silence the panel warning bleeps via the keypad.

I do believe the keypad is faulty, as I removed the PCB from the plastic housing and the display came to life, however, when I replaced it back into the housing, the display went off again. After repeating this two or three times, I have now managed to get the display on permanently, but I am not happy that it is likely that it could fail on me again at any time.

Once again, thanks for your replies and confirming I wasn't doing anything wrong.