Security Warehouse Support Forum

EOL(9) wiring

as118150

I am currently using standard 2 wire (common tamper) and have linked the unused zones which seems to be working but the engineer manaul says 9(eol) wiring is more secure, I am thinking of changing it to use eol wiring(I am using eurosec PIR without fault or mask terminal), if I do this then it would leave me 2 unused zones plus unused tamper(which becomes 9th zone), do I need to link them as before or do I need to link them using some 4k7 resistors as the other zones? also in the engineer manual it says you should select 9(eol) in the wiring option(page 23 of manual) and then normal (standard gardtec wiring configuration without mask or fault detection) but then it says it should only be used with zone pairing but then I would  loose half the zones.

my questions are 1) what to do with 2 unused zones and 1 tamper zone 2)do I have to use zone pairing with 9(eol) and normal mode. 3) how would I wire a SECWARE SC517/WH to 9(eol) wiring 4) how do I connect a internal sounder to cpx(SECWARE 2 way 'Sound Bomb' Internal Sounder)

many thanks

If using eol then you will need to link out with a resistor as suggested or disable the zone in programming. ZOne splitting allows 2 devices per circuit with identification of the device in alarm.

YOu should see wiring diagrams for std door contacts (the secware contact you have) as well as contacts with built in eol resistors.

re your soundbomb, you would normally wire that in parallel with your external sounder, ie HO+ and bell -

out of 6 PIR, 5 are with resistors but the 6th one is without so I need 47k and 68k for this pir and I also need some 47k to link the unused zones. The document which has come with cpx show color code for resistors, does that mean I just buy them from anywhere or they are suppose to come with the control panel?I did not get any resistors with the panel, do you sell them seperately? thanks

Elaine, my order number is 17127 if you could send whatever is suppose to have come with the panel please. I actually meant 4.7k and not 47k but I guess whatever you are sending should be the right one for cpx anyway.

thanks a lot for quick responce as always.

Hi

I have double checked and sent another packet of resistors out in the post to your delievery address on Friday, I know the post can be slow but you should have received them by now,

Please let me know if they are not with you by Wednesday

So sorry about this

Regards

Elaine

Hi Arif,

This is getting mad now,  I have asked Risco to send them out Recorded Delivery for you, I have been told I've missed the post today but they will go out tomorrow.

I will have my fingers crossed, this time is successful, but I will ring them in the morning to confirm this.

Regards

Elaine  ;D

Hi Arif,

I have emailed Risco again with your address and phone number, and asked them to resend, I have also asked them to pop some  in the post to me, so if you do not receive them I will go to the post office myself to send them to you.  All I can do is say sorry again.

Regards

Elaine

Elaine, I apprecite your help but what i don't understand is where the packet is going if it has been send 2-3 times and I believe the last time it was send recorded so it can be traced.

I have placed another order today for some other items and if you want you can send it along with this order which would be easier and cheaper than you going to the post office yourself. I can give you the order number if you want, this order should come through a courier(business post) which should be more reliable than royal mail

Hi

You are a little star, if you let me know your order number I will make sure they go into your parcel and hopefully you will receive them this time.  Just for the records they go to the same address as on your orders?;D??  I give up with Royal Mail  :(

Have a good weekend

Regards

Elaine  :)