Security Warehouse Support Forum

Replacement for Bardic Zircon Chloride Fire Panel

I have a 4 zone Bardic Zircon Chloride Fire Panel which the manufacturer tells me is no longer manufactured. It is registering a Power Fault but otherwise perfectly functional. I have replaced both battery and transformer so that leaves only the main circuit board which I am told I can not get anymore. The new Bardic Zircon panel is significantly larger and before I rush to buy one I would like to understand if there are any other options. First does anyone know if I can repairthe existing unit. Second will my detectors and break glass units be specific to Bardic Zircon or could I use them with any other Fire Panel? I certainly want to avoid any wholesale replacement.

Additionally I want to add a Speech Dialler to my system and was going to buy the Texicom dialler but it requires battery backed 12V supply whilst all Fire Panels only appear to provide 24V Auxiliary supply. Is there a known way to obtain 12V (e.g. direct from battery feed) and if not are there any fire panels that do give a 12V output - assuming I end up replacing the panel and have some choice in what I buy next?

Hi Peter,

I am afraid you are correct they no longer make or supply spares for that panel, when I spoke to their technical department about your problem it does sound like the PCB has gone faulty, but if you replace the panel either with the new Zircon/EN-4 or a similar 4 zone panel you should be able to use your existing detectors and call points, as they are all conventional,

the only speech dailer that you could use is the Cooper SD3,  this units voltage is 10.5-28vDC, I hope this has answered your queries ok

Regards

Elaine

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I simply have to replace. Regarding the speech dialler the Cooper SD3 has more functionality than I need and is 3 times the price of the SD1 and others I would prefer to buy. Is there really no way of taking 12V supply from a Fire Panel? I am surprised this isn't something other would want to do.

Most fire panels work at 24v DC. The SD1 is designed for intruder panels and is a 12v unit.

Some panels do indeed have a 12v output, but not all. I would have to check the docs for this one.

It is usual to signal a fire signal via something with a proven path, ie not a speech dialler. It is done though.

Support