Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Is my Visonic Tower working correctly?

securitywarehouse

I just received my Visonic Tower PIR, and I'm nut quite sure it is operation correctly.

I installed the PIR as per instructions, about 2,3 meters up and with an angle setting of 5.

This should give me at least a +/- 10 meter 90 degrees coverage.

While in test mode it already showed "blank" areas where detection failed, and fully operational it will erractically detect motion (I keep in minde the 2 minute reset period after initial motion detection).

Sometimes it will only detect motion within a few inches, sometimes not at all.

I would be grateful for advice in this matter.

Regards,

As I stated, faulty behaviour is confirmed in both active and test mode. Protected area (garden, 7 by 5 meters) can (most of the time) be traversed without detection. If anything is detected at all it is with a huge (5 second) delay.

Put up a  K940MCW on the same spot and that unit performed flawlessly. Same for a NEXTMCW.

The 20 AM unit does sometimes only reacts to hand movement 2 cm from the PIR, most of the time it doesn't react at all.

I've got considerable experience with visonic PIR's (there are over 10 units placed in my residence) and this Tower 20 AM is definitely faulty.

Recap:

Replaced batteries with fresh ones.

Confirmed detection failures in both active and test mode, taking into account the 2 minute shutoff period of the PIR. Tests conducted under both day and nighttime conditions.

Replaced the PIR with a  K940MCW/NEXTMCW and these units worked flawlessly, covering the whole area and reacting to every (human) movement.

Monitored the PIR signals by external 868mzh receiver, to make sure this was not a failure of my central alarm unit.

Conclusion: This unit is DOA and in my opinion needs to be replaced.

Regards,

Alex