Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Visonic Keypad - Prox Tags Will Not Register

Secware

Thank you for the supply of the new remote keypad for my Visonic PowerMaster 10

I have registered the keypad without any problem.

I started to register the prox tags but made a mistake, so deleted them. When I check the system, it clearly states 'none registered'

When I try to re-add a tag, I now get the message "no free location".

I removed the batteries from the keypad then I 'disconnected' the keypad from the main unit then re-registered the keypad with the main unit, hoping this would 'clear' any issues, but I still get the same message when trying to register a prox tag: "no free location"

If I can't register any tags, the remote pad isn't a lot of use to me.

Please help!

Regards

The prox tags don't have an xxx:xxxxx ID so I have to program them at the remote keypad.

Are you saying that I need to program (add prox tag) at the main unit, then wave the prox tag at the remote keypad?

I'm pretty sure I already tried that and either way I get the message "no free location" :-(

100%

The alarm fitter left 5 white tags.

The Visonic remote keypad came with three tags, one each in black, red and blue

I assumed I could just register all the tags - after successfully registering 4 white ones, when I tried to add the fifth, I got the message "no free location" (there are 5 of us at home - can I really only register 4 tags?)

Anyway, thinking it through, I wanted my three kids to each have a prox tag of their own, so I successfully deleted the white tags BUT when I try to register the coloured tags (or even the white ones again) when I go through the options to "add prox tag" I just get the message now "no free location"

:-(

Security Warehouse have advised that "The fault you are seeing with the proxy tags is due to the PSU causing interference with the internal proxy reader.

As the unit is faulty, I am hoping that this is a simple case of Security Warehouse providing a replacement unit as I have requested?

Simon