Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Honeywell Le Sucre

Secware

Hi,

I sent the below to Honeywell UK but haven't heard from them. As it stands I am unable to set the alarm so this is pretty urgent.

Can you assist me in understanding why all of a sudden a Le Sucre system is no longer working with your TC2.0e web service? It was working fine until a few days ago when the alarm would no longer set from the main panel using proximity fobs.

If I login to the TC2.0e portal I notice the connectivity icon in the top right corner remains red with a cross through it. It won't allow me to delete equipment in order to start over. I have pushed the reset button on the main gprs unit and have of course power cycled all equipment- everything I try fails.

I have a strong technical background so have tried all the troubleshooting steps I can think of. I tried logging in using the android app to see if that would work, but it wouldn't recognise the pin code upon initial registration?

Please help! Many thanks,

Hi, I'm the person having difficulties with the Le Sucre system by Honeywell.

The sim is still active, Honeywell provide two years of service free of charge upon registration of the system. I've had it less than six months! The green light remains lit on the gprs unit which indicates a cellular connection is active. The only thing I can think of doing at this stage is to ask Honeywell to remove my TotalConnect account from their systems altogether so I can start again. Not being able to set the system for over a week is a concern, and truth be told, I didn't expect to have these issues regarding connectivity with such a well established brand.

Any advice is of course much appreciated.

I agree that Honeywell is a well established brand, but the security division are hopeless at customer support.

Even at the installer level, they are terrible at responding to requests and providing tech information.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I have just emailed them from my work account. It seems if you ask for support using a public email service like hotmail, gmail etc they ignore you...they probably assume you're a home user not an installer and make an assumption about your technical ability. I am a home user (!), but I'm also an IT manager so I'm pretty competent when it comes to tech.

I emailed them from my work account some months ago for advice on resetting a problematic wireless PIR to which they responded the same day and were very helpful.

I could be wrong, but that's the perception at least. I'll update this thread when I know more.

I have eventually managed to get them to remove my totalconnect online account and un-associate all the alarm systems hardware. I am in the process of trying to set it all up again from scratch, which would be fine if the Gprs Sucre unit would display a solid green light. It just keeps flashing indicating a lack of network connectivity (cellular). Until it remains solid I cannot set it up...which is concerning because essentially it means if you don't continue with the online service after their initial (free) subscription expires, you're effectively left with an alarm system you cannot really use.

If I can't get it working in the next few days I'll be demanding a warranty replacement. I'm less than impressed. I might as well have purchased a cheap ebay wireless alarm for £150, they're probably less fiddly and unreliable than this. The TC portal has been developed/coded in an afternoons work I'm convinced!

• 3 weeks later...

The plot thickens... after getting everything re-associated, it has failed AGAIN. I am able to set and unset the alarm using keyfobs, but the online portal doesn't work- there's no connection to the gprs unit. Strange though as the gprs unit now has a solid green light and honeywell technical support are telling me they can see it communicating with their systems. Because I cannot use the portal I have been unable to pair my external siren, which means that although it's fitted to the building, I've had to remove the batteries as it kept beeping, keeping us awake.

As it stands I'm days away from ripping the whole thing out and returning it to securitywarehouse. What a heap of junk. I should have bought a supposed less-secure system from Yale or First Response. At least it would have worked reliably and cost half as much.

Admin, I think so too. If I don't get anywhere today speaking with Honeywell, I'll return it to you for a refund/replacement. Feel free to contact me.

>:(