Security Warehouse Support Forum

Brackets with PIR's

cm

Hi,

I have just received 5 x Pet Detectors PIR's (Texecom Prestige).

Why don't they have brackets? The Prestige DT PIR's that I ordered a while ago from elsewhere came with brackets, so I assumed these would.

Even the blurb on the box's suggests that they include brackets, although a sticker has also been placed on each box to say that they are available separately?  ;)

I appreciate that some might not recommend brackets for installs, but for this particular job I wanted them...

Any ideas.....

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

I'm afraid that most PIR's and DT's come boxed without brackets, I'm not sure whether it is more cost effective for the manufacturers, or whether it is an environmental thing. Brackets seem to be used in isolated circumstances, or perhaps when there is a problem with siting. So the brackets generally get binned, wasting money and energy in production.

So as you say,  usually they are available if and when the need arises, you may buy 6 PIR's but only need one or two brackets.

Obviously the previous purchase they were included, I believe the Honeywell Activ 8 also comes with a bracket.

Sorry some do, most don't

Best wishes

Accounts Team

Thanks for the reply.

Why is there nothing on the website advising this?

If you look at the .pdf on the Texecom website they include the brackets, if you look at the instructions in each box, they also include the bracket, as does the text on the front of the box. There is even a sectioned off part of the box to hold the bracket!!

I am not happy. If I had realised that they didn't include brackets, then I wouldn't have purchased them.

They are specifically advertised as tamper proof brackets on the Texecom website.

I now have 5 PIR's that I cant use as intended.

Not impressed.  ;)

Hi

I went on line an checked the data sheet for your PIR's and it does say that brackets are included.

I have today spoken to Texecom who inform me that the brackets were taken out about a month ago, and they will update the data sheet and web site.

The brackets are available at no additional charge, so if you let me have your order number, so I can find your address details, I will get Texecom to send you 5 of the brackets.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but hopefully with the details being changed to cover this removal of brackets, this problem will not occur in future for your self or others.

Best wishes

Secware Accounts

Hi,

That great news.

I have left the paperwork at home, and only number I have here is 15964, not sure if that is the order number. I will check when I get home later today.

Thanks for your help with this, it's really appreciated!!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

These haven't arrived yet....

I have also since moved house (not that this would stop the old ones arriving, as all post is redirected)

I have updated my account details with the new address.  :P

Could you chase this up for me please?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

Yesterday I contacted Texecom to inform them that they hadn't sent you the brackets as they had promised, I also again asked  them to amend the web site.

I understand that we sent your brackets from here yesterday, so the carrier should have delivered them to you by now.

We needed the ticket raised as you had changed address, and we don't all have access to members details. All we had was your delivery address on the order when the brackets were not in the boxes.

All should be sorted now, sorry for the delay, Texecom sent us brackets in case it happened again, and we believed they had sent you some.

Accounts Team

Hi

Thanks, I received the brackets yesterday.

Unfortunately, they are the wrong ones!!

This is what I was sent http://www.texecom.co.uk/image.php?imageid=45

and this is what they should have been http://www.texecom.co.uk/image.php?imageid=325

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance you can get Texecom to supply the correct brackets, for both wall and ceiling mounting. I will happily return the incorrect brackets.  8)

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Chris

Glad you got the brackets, sorry they were the wrong ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get on to Texecom first thing in the morning. I explained to Texecom which PIR's you had and I incorrectly believed they had sent us brackets to suit, their product after all.

Sorry for the mess up, I will get it sorted

Anne

Hi Chris,

I have just been on the phone to Texecom and have emailed them a copy of your link ( so thank you for that) so they will send you the five correct brackets in the post tonight.

Hopefully this will now sort out the problem for you.

Once again sorry about the mix up.

Regards

Elaine  8) 

Hi Ravis,

I have not heard about Texecom cutting back on their quality control line or anything else for that matter apart from they have stopped putting their brackets in with the PIR's and DT's, so I hope this puts your mind easy as they are going nowhere.  8)

Regards

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Brackets received direct from Texecom as promised.

A big thank you to all at Security Warehouse for fantastic customer service - A job well done!!

Will be coming back with a new order soon for my latest project  8)

Kind regards,

Chris