Security Warehouse Support Forum

optima compact gen 4 alarm wont go off

strimmerman

are you sure he even knew how to programme the zones to be "SWITCHED ON"?!!! Ive heard this before, he has to programme the zones and system flags, if he knew anything about this system he would know what I mean...

This is one of the most simplest systems in the world to set up and they are extremely rarely faulty.

Hello again  Its soooooo simple seriously, I can do it for you on here if you want too. I have the manuals too

Can you try this for me:

Press [Prog]

Type in your access code (usercode not engineer) (the DAY LED goes off and tamper LED switches on to indicate you are in a menu

press 0 and walk past and activate EACH AND EVERY sensor wired to your system, once a device is tripped you will hear a "neno", that is to prove he has wired your system up properly

Let me know the results

hello again!

Did the test and when i pressed the '0' button all the buttons except the power button on the top of the control box went off. I walked passed both PIR's fitted and they glowed red but nothing else happened.

I have left it in the 'menu mode' hope thats ok

thanks for trying to help

i would hope you havnt paid for the fitting if its not working!

I agree with ravi sounds like its either not programmed, linked out or wired wrong.

The led's on the sensor will turn on when the sensor activates. All this shows is that they have power. If he has not wired them into the panel correctly then they wont function as required.

We only have the two PIRs!!

The electrician has written a lot of notes on the bellbox page in the optima book. I noticed when we bought the kit and looked at the AG6 that the connections inside the bell box did not have the same letters as they had in the bellbox leaflet for fitting to the Optima. I rang Intellisense and was told;-

My AG6 has R

V-

ST

V+

SW

Optima has strobe+

strobe-

T

A

D

B

I was told by Intellisense

R is A

V- is T

ST is strobe-

V+ is D

SW is B

I notice that our electrician hasnt done this however.

Thanks

IF you have no sound coming from the unit at ALL check the fuses. There should be a 13v speaker fuse and a bell/strobe fuse.

Not sure on the optima but is it the built in 32ohm speaker that makes the keypress noise or is there a piezo?

If you have no noise coming from the unit there is a fuse blown or wrong wiring.

oh yeah mine locks out too, but the person hasnt clarified if the unit makes any noise when a key is pressed...

maybe its the PA? Check if the pa link is screwed in properly. If it was in the tamper fault though it would make that "BEEP" to say that you cannot do anything when you press a button. Orit could just be something simple like the speaker disconnecting or the wire coming off the speaker or it could have come out of the panel terminals...

YEH YEH YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all up and running!!  ;)

PIRs were wired incorrectly and the engineers manual was the wrong one!!

Congratulations to all people who can set these systems, I take my hat off to you all with great admiration!

Thank you so very very much for all your help and kindness.

nice!! Glad its working for you! You didnt pay the other man did you?! I dont even know how the other guy wired it wrong... once you read the manual it i so simple to do. Particularly this panel!!! Oh well, someone else will probably have your problem when he next attempts to install one!!!!

no, we didnt pay him!

Apparantly the engineers manual was the wrong one and the PIR's were wired incorrectly as the forum suggested!

We also had the problem of the AG6 bell not being the same as the leaflet it came with but the new electrician didnt have a probkem with that!

As it was bought all together in a kit I do think the instructions could have been better - mind you - alls well that ends well!

Once again, many many thanks to you all

Jenny 

The engineers manual are the same for all models of the optima/accenta range. Which one have you got?

Also the AG6 manual does match the manual for the AG6. However the accenta/optima manual details the AG6 (older model) as having the ADE TADB connections. Unfortunatly the new AG6 does not have this marking.

James

• 1 month later...

Hi I am having a similar issue where I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  I decided to go for the Gen4 as it appeared to be a more simple solution to upgrade my existing BG DSC alarm system.  I am linking 6 sensors (1 magnetic door and 5 PIR) that where on the existing system.  I have connected the 13v and 0v wires together as per the previous alarm and the wiring diagram which left me with 2 other wires for each sensor (as the existing sensors don't appear to have tamper connections).

Under the above configuration, the walk test appears not to detect the connected sensors triggering. All the sensors seem to be identified as zones 7 and 8 both have 1's listed and also I have tried to remove them all and just leave the magnetic door sensor but still no luck, just a 0.

The only issues I can think of are:

- The sensors I have are not compatible? (To little resistance...)

- This is something to do with the tamper setting, currently it still has the loop left in as I have no wires connected here

- It is to do with the way I connected the Bell Box as the existing one only had 4 wires (but this appears to work when I first turn the unit on, 13v = 13v, 0v = 0v, Stobe = -Strobe and Aux = 0v)

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, please find photos attached.  This is with my final configuration with only a magnetic door sensor hooked up on zone 1 to test.  This sensor appeared to send a signal to the existing alarm when I opened the door.

I think ,as Tech6 says ,  is that you may have eol wiring , ie. in each PIR there will be a resistor across the alarm contacts / tamper switch.So your panel will see a set of differing resistances instead of the open / close circuit that it is expecting.You need to verify this first , then post back for help.

Thanks, both of you.  You where correct, there were resistors in all of the PIRs.  These have now been removed and rewired and all seems to be well.  The main issue that seemed to throw me was that the magnetic door sensor wouldn't work, even when wired on its own.  But this ended up being faulty and now replaced all is functioning as designed.

Next to see how 'Pet Safe' the pet-safe sensors are (30kg dog)...

Thanks for all your assistance.