Security Warehouse Support Forum

Accenta G4 exit tone volume

neil

Hello

can anybody give me some advice on adjusting the volume on the above alarm system to low, altering the volume adjustment on the PCB has no effect the volume tone is quite loud, I had an accenta 8 system previously installed and had the same problem?.

There is an intenal speaker fitted.

Thanks

the accenta G4 system is absolutely deafening anyway!! What you hould do to see if your unit is working properly is to turn the volume potentiometer to ful and see if the extry/exit has got louder, and then turn it to lowest and see if it made any difference.

If not you may have a faulty unit.

Hi Neil,

I have just spoken to ADE technical to see what they say about the noice, they said to turn the pot on the PCB to the middle position, but it is a loud volume anyway, and although it is not high tech if it is still to loud try packing out the sounder, this will help reduce the noice.

Hope it helps

Regards

Elaine :D

the pot will only adjust the entry exit tones.

TO confirm do you have a single 16 Ohm speaker or something else?

The easiest way to quieten it a bit is to add a series resistor. This will however make all tones quieter.

Another option is to use a 32 Ohm speaker etc rather than a 16 Ohm. a 32Ohm is usually a smaller unit and as such quite a lot quieter.

Tech Support