Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Faulty Texecom Veritas?

Secware

full Texecom Veritas Excel alarm system

After a busy couple of weeks I finally got to installing it this morning. I didn't wire the end station to my field devices just yet, I just linked one of the remote keypads to program my own user codes in.

Following the manual, I powered with the battery first and the panel powered up for around 30 seconds but then switched back off (I had just disarmed the panel with the default code and was about to enter the programming menu). I tried powering up again but the panel didn't switch on.

I then disconnected the keypad and tried it again with battery and then on mains, nothing happened. No LEDs or anything...

The battery is a 2.3A/h and is compatible as far as the manual states? I am quite confused as to what has happened as I have followed all proceedings by the book, literally. I checked all wiring repeatedly and there wasn't a problem with it.

I checked the manual and it advised to change the fuses on the board; only there are no fuses. I changed the mains fuse but that made no difference.

Can somebody advise if there is something I can do to get the panel up and running again or swap it out if it is a faulty unit?