Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Voltek lighting

Secware

I have a security lighting system fitted with an 1803. The signal to turn on the lighting is taken from an infra red beam and sensor set up acrosss our drive so that when the beam is broken the light comes on.

To prevent the light coming on in the daytime, there is a PIR wired up to only provide the 1803 with a photocell reading - i.e. it isn't used to detect motion. In additon there is a buzzer and control switch in the form of the 1809.

The photocell element stopped working about a year ago, meaning the light would come on in the daytime. Now the 1803 has stopped working correctly as the light will not go out and the buzzer only works intermittantly.

I am going to start replacing elements of the system to restore its functionality. The question is, what can I use to give a photocell reading to the 1803? There are many different PIR sensors, but only a few allow you to wire the movement sensor and photocell capability independantly. Would I be right in assuming that a dedicated photocell switch will not work with this system as it would not allow for Lux levels to be set on the 1803?

There is all you need in the Voltek range, they have built in photocells and lux adjustment, so pick a PIR, or a double head, with a built in controller or separate, and then an 1805 or 1809 to give the buzzer and with the 1809 more hands on control of your lighting as well