Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Open Zone

Secware2

All has been fine then about a month ago while setting it l received the message open zone 5 l don't know what have caused this. Have you any ideas? That zone is on a PIR Its a Honeywell lS3012.

If you think l need to purchase a new PIR let me know or could it just need re programming?

Hi thanks for the quick response.

I have attached a couple of pics to help. 

Nothing has changed since l installed it exactly 1 year ago. It has been working completely fine. So l'm hoping to rule out cable damage. Scantronic 9651

IMG-20200408-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0003.jpg

Also after l sent you these pics l came out of installer mode and these are the messages on the keypad first no faults when l put the control panel lid back on then went to set the alarm and received the open zone message. Although the PIR sensor led is working normally the paneldoes not pick up the sensor on a walk test.

This morning l have done what you asked and sent a pic. 

When l closed the PIR  and tried to set the alarm it said zones 5 and six are open and although led's are working on both zones neither are picking up on a walk test. Hope this helps

Regards 

Darren 

IMG-20200408-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200409-WA0000.jpg

it looks like you have a cable failure on your alarm pair. You can confirm with a meter. As you shorted them in the detector and it still showed as open rules out the detector. Linking out the panel rules out the panel at fault. All that is left is the cable.

OMG Sorry forget the last couple of messages from me. On closer inspection l realised l had one of the tamper and one of the circuit cables round the wrong way on 2 zones. I have now put them the right way round weirdly the alarm was working fine. However l have done what you asked me to do last night and now the alarm will set (connecting the circuit wires together in PIR)

I have also checked all the wires in the panel with a meter and none are damaged. I have also swapped the fronts of the PIR's and still have the same results.

So do you think its the back section of the PIR?

Sorry to bother you again 

Regards

Darren 

Yes. I linked the correct wires in the detector and it closed the zone. So this morning l have swapped the back of the PIR in another room and wired all as per normal and amazingly it all appears to be working. I've tested it a couple of times. (Sure the neighbour's are pleased) but there is no way l could have done that without your help. The only thing l don't understand is how it had worked for the last ten months. Anyway is there anywhere l can rate or review your help?

Much appreciated 

Regards 

Darren