Security Warehouse Support Forum

Accenta G4 Strode Wiring

Wilko

Hi,

I seem to have my Gen 4 almost working as desired with my existing BG (DSC) equipment, however for the life of me I cannot seem to get the strobe light working.  The Bell will work but not the strobe.  The existing bell box wires where listed as (+) Red, (-) Black (which I have hooked both of these up to the bell connectors),  AUX = Blue and Strobe = Green.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I first tried using the Green to the strobe negative with no luck so then have tried in the positive but still no good.  I had originally hooked the Blue auxiliary to the bell negative also and thought that this may be the problem.  On another note the T and A connections still have the original loop in them as it came out of the box if this makes any difference.

As far as the make goes, it is branded British Gas and given the rest of the alarm, I assume that it also is a DSC.  Plus from what I have read it had its own battery which is what I assumed the AUX wire was for.  I have not yet climbed up to look at it but can if you suggest, the wiring instructions that I have were written in the old box by the original installer.

Thanks

Thanks, have done and the issue is now resolved.  It appeared that whoever wrote down the wire colours in the old alarm didn't know their greens from their blues so I had them back the front (i.e the strobe triggered to the bell).  Fixed this and now all is working well, thanks for your advice.