Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Visonic Mcr-304

Secware

I ordered the above Visonic MCR-304 Receiver from you and it was quickly delivered without any sign of transit damage. Firstly my thanks for your prompt service.

I installed the item in the prescribed way and powered it up. I then set the Learn jumper into the Learn mode and the yellow LED flashed as expected. I then pressed the Tamper spring and the yellow LED and the red LED both flashed OK and using the tamper key I was able to cycle through the various channels. I then tried to associate/enroll a known good transmitter and in this respect I used a MCT-100. This transmitter was free standing and located close to the MCR-304 so range was not an issue. I tried to force the association by causing the transmitter to transmit but the LED simply continued to flash and did not reach a steady state. I then repeated the process on different channels but could still not get the transmitter to be recognized.

From my checks above it suggested to me that there could be a problem with the RF side of the MCR-304. I therefore used another older MCR-304 to try and verify that the transmitter was working correctly. I set this into Learn mode and repeated the process outlined in the above paragraph and this time it set up correctly and when set to operational use this MCR-304 received the transmitter signal and toggled the relay as would be expected

I have powered down the problem MCR-304 and left it for a while before reintroducing power. Unfortunately this did not clear the problem.

Having performed the above functions it suggests to me that there may be a problem with the RF section of the MCR-304. I do not know of any further tests or corrective action that I could take. I could inspect the PCB for any obvious dry joints etc but would not do this unless instructed by yourselves. If you have any suggestions I would be pleased to hear them and if I can clear the problem myself I will. Failing this I will need to return it to you for the appropriate corrective action. I have mounted the unit on a wall close to the Control Panel and have therefore used the knock outs provided. If replacement is required I am happy to have the PCB replaced/repaired and retain the case with the knock outs.

Please let me know what action you wish me to take.

Regards