Security Warehouse Support Forum

Ticket Question [Replacing Accenta G3 With Accenta G4]

Secware

My current home burglar alarm system 'Accenta G3' (product code 8SP401N) is broken. The transformer has blown in the box due to recent power cut in my area.
I currently have a Accenta G3 box and a seperate wired user control panel linked to the box. I have 4 wired sensors in the house 2 for the doors and 2 in rooms. There is an alarm box on the front of the house.

We were wondering if we could simply replace the box with the new Accenta G4 system but still keep the old G3 user control panel and the existing sensors set up in the house and alarm box on the outside of the house as is i.e. is it simply case of un-wiring the existing G3 box, removing it from the wall and replacing it with the new G4 box and re-connect existing wires.
This would remove the need to completely replace the old system with a completely new system.

Is this possible i.e. the Accenta G3 model and new Accenta G4 model are sufficiently similar to allow this?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.