Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Steady Alert Lamp On Scantronic 9651

Secware

On 30 April 2015 you delivered my order including Scantronic 9651 + 9943 keypad,, 2 off Guardall PQ15 PIR, plus cable and brackets. I hang my head to admit that I am only now finishing the modification to an existing system for which I ordered the parts.

Cause of the change was that the original installer had run one cable to 2 back-to-back PIR, and the cable route was forced in beside central heating pipes etc and seemed to be frequent intermittent giving faults. I have resited one PIR which I replaced with a PQ15, and added an additional PIR to the system. I ran new cable to both PIR. While I was at it, I added a new additional 9943 keypad in the master bedroom (the cable has been run to this, but not yet connected to the control box to make commissioning easier - I hoped). I was able to put the controller in Installer Mode because about 5 years ago I replaced the original keypad, which failed to recognise 2 numbers, with a new 9943. At the time, I reset the engineers code and also upgraded the PCB from the original earlier model Scantronic.

My problem is that I now have run the cables, fitted the PIR and connected in the control box. The keypad shows a steady amber Alert lamp and the message "Installer Mode", and no further information. It will not accept any input such as numbers. It beeps as I enter the numbers but does not show anything apart from the "Installer Mode" message. Does not accept tick or cross either. Neither the Service lamp or the Mains lamp have been lit.

I am hoping that you can point me in the right direction so that I can start trouble shooting the system - I would love a detailed diagnosis, but I am too realistic to expect it.

I did mis-treat the system for about a month. I started the installation and set off the very loud internal sounder (I think through a tamper alarm) and shut the control box to stop the alarm. Then I discovered that I had dislodged the data wire to the connector block on the PCB. Because of lack of time, I left the system like this rather than commit to sorting the fault(s). During this time, the keypad would give an occasional quiet beep - presumably looking for data.

I have a new 9651 PCB (I left the original one in place) and I also have a new 9943 keypad which is installed but not connected to the PCB yet. Either of these could be brought into use if you think the fault could lie in the installed units.