Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Honeywell Galaxy Dimension Gd-48 Or The Galaxy Flex 50

Secware

Hello,
I have some question about the alarm system.
We have two cats. Now I'm looking for the right alarm system for our house. I have 26 wired motion sensors and still need 4 wireless door and 7 wireless motion sensors. Which alarm is the better and the more modern, the Honeywell Galaxy Dimension GD-48 or the Galaxy Flex 50.

Second question, I have the wired motion sensor “Active8 PIR with Pet Immunity”,( I bought them last year in England),
are they compatible with Galaxy Dimension or Galaxy Flex. Or do I need other new wired motion sensors.
The last question, what is the meaning of "Links" in the alarm system.
Because the Honeywell Galaxy Dimension GD-48 have 64-Links and the Galaxy Flex 50 only 5-Links. What is the difference?
(And what is the difference of Grade 3 and Grade 2.)
Thanks in advance.

I would go for the Dimension over the Flex every time.  I use links on my own system to do the following:

- Turn three external lighting circuits on when a zone input signal is fired with a light sensor OR when I enter a code to override on the virtual or physical keypad. The circuits are in different places on the panel and power RIO's, but the links join them all together.

- I have another code that is used to open and close the garage door

- A door contact on the garage door also turns all the garage strip lights on when the garage door opens

I am easily over 5 links...

The only thing that lets the Dimension down over the Flex is that there's no decent GPRS/GSM option. The only one that's sold for the Dimension is a third party IRIS device that isn't compatible with anything.  You can always go down the more reliable Ethernet module route for connectivity though.

• 3 years later...