Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Wireless Peripherals With G2-12

Secware

I am considering buying some honeywell equipment to upgrade my alarm to wireless. Firstly I just wanted to check that all the components are fully compatible with the Galaxy G2 panel (I have the G2-20, or actually the G2-12 as it is not expanded), and that it will support this many sensors. Do you know this for sure, or should I contact Honeywell directly

Honeywell Wireless Door/window compact magnetic contact

Honeywell Wireless Dualtec 15m x 18m

Honeywell Wireless Smoke sensor with built-in sounder DF8M

Honeywell Carbon Monoxide Wireless Detector

Honeywell Galaxy 2 Series Wireless Receiver (RF Portal)

Microtech Galaxy MK8 Keyprox LCD Keypad

Honeywell Galaxy Four-button compact two-way keyfob

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I thought number of zones may be an issue.  My current shopping list is as follows :-

Honeywell C079-2 RF Portal

Honeywell CP051-00-01  MK8 keyprox

Honeywell C072 Boxed RIO expander

3x Honeywell TCC8M wireless keyfob

Honeywell SMB10 Motion sensor mounts

RS485 Bus wire : Twisted pair screen cable Belden 8723 equivalent

680 Ohm resistors

4x Honeywell DO8M   - Door

5Honeywell IRPI8M  - IR

6x Honeywell DF8M   - Smoke

2x Honeywell CO8M  - Carbon Monoxide

So I have 17 Wireless sensors.  My understanding is that if I connect the C072 Boxed RIO, that will give me the total of 20 wireless zones - which are just used for sensors.

I swapped the Dualtec IR sensors in my original list for an older model as they apparantly require G2 firmware to be at v1.50 and over.  My firmware is at v1.42 and I don't want to get into firmware flashing.  All the information that I could find suggested that everything in the above list is compatible with my firmware.

Is this a sensible list?  Will it all work together?

Hope you can help, and thanks again.....

Hi,

From my understanding, I have a G2-20 which only allows 12 zones out of the box (as does the G2-44).  You have to use a RIO expander box on the RS485 bus to get up to 20 zones on the G2-20 and up to 44 on the G2-44.   Is this right?  I referred to my unit as the G2-12 as I have seen it referred to as that online - but I think that naming is misleading/wrong.   Am I on the right track or am I still confused?!  Thanks!

Hi again.   I did find G2-12 kits separate from the G2-20 kits from Honeywell so I guess I was wrong in my assumption?   I cannot find an online installation manual for the G2-12 though, do you know where I can find one?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...