Security Warehouse Support Forum

Paypal not confirming Addresses

llaregub

Hi I have an order with you(14983, and a ticket) which is stuck as stalled. After reading the email you sent me and realizing that I should have set this up before I went about fixing the problem. I have now verified my account and have read stuff online in other forums etc. about how to get my home address in Sweden confirmed. Their suggestion was to link a credit card to the account. but... I already have a credit card linked to my account and have done for a while now (Over a year). So I logged onto paypal to check what advice they give and I was amazed to see... (taken from their help pages)..

How do I confirm an address?

Question :

Answer :

Most addresses outside the U.S. can't be confirmed at this time.

If a seller requires a confirmed shipping address, PayPal suggests the buyer contact the seller directly. Sellers may deliver to an unconfirmed address, but are liable for any buyer-initiated disputes.

Are you aware of this?

Is my address confirmed - can you check this?

what will happen with my order?

I have posted this here as you have not replied to my emails, yet you have my money!

Hi llaregub,

Thank you for contacting us, our web site does state at various stages that a paypal account needs to be verified and confirmed, and we can not stop you from continuing with the order when you use Paypal. So your payment is still sent after reading the anti fraud measures that we take.

Yes we are aware that some addresses outside of the US and UK can not be confirmed, but your account with Paypal is also unverified, and as paypal state if we ship we 'are liable for any buyer-initiated disputes'

If you are not verified with Paypal and as you are outside of the UK, your address is also unconfirmed how are we (Security Warehouse) to know who is using your account.

We have to have procedures in place to cover the situation if unverified and unconfirmed Paypal accounts are used, even after the requests we put in place, asking that these Paypal accounts are not used.

We sent you a email advising that your order was stalled because of the status of your Paypal account, one of our team advised me today that you had stated in a ticket, that your address was confirmed now, I queried this because of your country of residence and the information you have found on Paypal's web site, explains this to you.

We need to know if you want to verify your account with Paypal or you want to have a refund, as we say numerous times on the web site a PAYPAL account must be verified (and where possible) the address confirmed.

Let us know what you want to do, we will ship to a verified account, and will of course refund if you want to cancel the order.

Regards

Anne SW accounts