Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Optex Oml-Dam

Secware

In september last year i asked you a question if a oml-dam can be used as pir only with the mw disabled. You confirmed this with yes. I ordered 6 detectors which stein use in a residentiall environment for a small year now. During this year most of the detectors triggered a false alarm, some of them more than one. This makes the detectors very unreliable.
In the same environment, the optex fx50sq performed much and much better being a lower end detector.

So, do you know more about the unreliable function of the oml-dam as pir only? Is the pir only functionality in real world worser than the oml-am detector?
Please help because even with those expensive and professional detectors, the system behaves like an cheap unprofessional system.

Thanks for replying! The reason why is:
- an DT detector needs to detect twice: the pir and radar. So this will be great in an noise environment, but in an residential environment, i thing that an pir only will detect an intruder earlier, right?
- an radar in residential environment sounds not really healthy.
- you don't offer the optex optimal oml-am J

A dual Tech detector, is more stable, the PIR picks up and no activation if the microwave element does not also pick up a reason for the activation. The microwave element usually needs to be adjusted to the area to be covered. The reason for a Dual Element detector is to reduce the likely hood of false alarms, There is no health reason for not using the microwave element.