Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Cable To A Viper Glx?

Secware

I purchased a Honeywell Accenta Metal Gen4 Control Panel and Viper GLX Shock Sensors from you a couple of years ago (Order #16133). I am only getting around to installing the alarm system now and I have a query which I hope you can answer.

Before I bought the house, part of the house had already been pre-wired with 4-core alarm cable. One of the pre-wired zones at the rear of the house is wired with 4-core cable and the sensor points are linked in series, i.e. the alarm circuit and tamper circuit are both linked in series. The cables to each sensor are connected under a tiled floor, so the junction box is impossible to access without breaking tiles. As the sensor locations are linked in series, I cannot use the powered (Viper GLX) sensors I purchased without running in a new cable, which I want to avoid if possible, as it will involve a lot of re-decorating. Is there an alternative shock sensor I can use with the Accenta Gen4 panel that will work on 4-core wiring linked in series?

• 2 weeks later...