Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Accenta Mini Tamper Fault Lock Out?

Secware

Hi, I purchased a ADE Honeywell Accenta Mini Gen4 with LCD Keypad on 01/05/2010, This has a problem where it says "Tamper Fault Lockout" on the keypad, I have tested all the tamper circuits and they are very low resistance. I suspect the main board or remote keypad is faulty although the fault only occured when I removed the panic button for decorating. I cannot get it to reset.

• Like 1

Tamper fault lockout is mainly with respect to the tamper circuit being open. There are 3 tamper circuits on the panel, 1) bell tamper circuit ( T & A terminal on the bell circuit), 2) zones tamper circuit ( tamp terminals next to the PA circuit) and 3) keypad tamper circuit ( on the keypad bus for tamp terminals ). So loop out all the 3 tamper circuits and then hold down the cover spring for the panel, and then check whether the tamper fault clears or not.

• Like 1

I measured the Resistance on the circuits, TAMP next to the PA circuit was 24 ohms, I now have shorted this out temporary. Tamp for the keypad was measured at 1.4 ohms, The one for the bell box (Terminals T and A), I disconnected and the alarm bell began sounding, These wires were measured at a high resistance. But even with these terminals on the main board linked out I could not get the bell to stop sounding or clear tamper fault.

I disconnected the battery and switched off mains and with the bell T and A terminals shorted out I managed to clear the tamper fault but the bell kept sounding. I put the wires back in and reset the bell ok but the display shows tamper fault again. So I am guessing there is an issue with this circuit.

Can you explain what signals I should expect on here and should I be able to measure any voltage on these wires that goto the return and hold terminals on the bell box? Its not clear what signals are to be expected to and from the bell box on these wires.

• 2 months later...

If you link the terminals and leave the wires TA and connected that will bypass the tamper locally whilst powering the bell to prevent sounding. Also if you link out the global tamper and the keypad tamoer connections that will only leave the control panel tamper switch.

However if you have voltage on the tamper circuit (ie cable damage, faulty detector, crimped cable in the pa you moved) then that will also cause a fault.

Easiest way to prove the control panel is to remove all external wiring and test with links. Once it passes this you can then add devices one at a time till the fault returns. That will then identify the faulty device / wiring