Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Alarm System With External Pet- Friendly Detectors?

Secware

I am interested in the wireless detectors for my home. (outdoor) Blueline PIR Detector

We live on a very large property with three large dogs in the garden. 2.What I would like to do is divide the property into 4 security zones which can be armed and disarmed independently. I was thinking of placing about 4 or 5 detectors in each zone. Could you make any suggestions? Do you think that the above detector will be right for me?

Next, I would like to hear your opinion about the receivers and/or control panel that I would need? The control panel (alarm system) should be armed and disarmed by using a remote control.

My other concern is that we often experience power cuts, therefore I would need a control panel that runs on power but also has a rechargable back up battery that will run the alarm system when we experience power shortages.Also, I would need a siren that preferrably has a light with it (althought the light is not a major concern) and that can run on a back up battery as well. These detectors will be used outdoors.

Please could you make any suggestions?

?The basic concerns are that the alarm system/control panel/receiver can run

on a battery as we have power shortages.

?The detectors should be outdoor and pet friendly.

?Separation of detectors into 4 independent zones.

?controlled by remote control

I am looking forward to your reply.

Could you make any suggestions?

I will try and make some suggestions...

Do you think that the above detector will be right for me?

The blueline is an internal sensor only. What is the size of your dogs?

Next, I would like to hear your opinion about the receivers and/or control panel that I would need? The control panel (alarm system) should be armed and disarmed by using a remote control.

It will be very difficult (expensive) to create a system where 5 areas can be armed disarmed speratly from a single fob. When you say 4 areas, do you want seperate reporting of these areas with a single all on/all off command or do you need to arm them seperatly?

My other concern is that we often experience power cuts, therefore I would need a control panel that runs on power but also has a rechargable back up battery that will run the alarm system when we experience power shortages.Also, I would need a siren that preferrably has a light with it (althought the light is not a major concern) and that can run on a back up battery as well. These detectors will be used outdoors.

If you use a security control panel then it will accomodate battery backup. Pretty much all modern sounders have led's and strobes.

Please could you make any suggestions?

No problem but I need to know more before recommending a panel. At the moment im thinking a bigger galaxy flex or dimension as this will allow the flexability it appears you need.

?The detectors should be outdoor and pet friendly.

Personally im not a fan of pet detectors as such. If you want reliable external detection with the minimum of false alarms i would not recommend a passive detector. I would recommend an active detector such as http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/takex-30m-ext-60m-int-twin-actve-beam-p-2042.html

?Separation of detectors into 4 independent zones.

Not a problem as even the most basic panels have 8 zones now.

?controlled by remote control

not a problem but we need to pick a panel first then decide on arming options.