Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Optima

Secware

I am installing the Optima Compact. Nothing I do works as in the manual. The wiring is very clear but the setting up is not going well.

I have not connected the external alarm, using the internal alarm to test the system. I have only used Zone 1 with the entry/exit door switch. I am using program 1.

A) Power Up: Requires me to press "X" after entering user code to get the unset LED to come on. Not as manual.

B) Walk Test: All of the zone LED's come on and the panel beeps.Pressing the tick does not switch the LED's off and the beeping continues. Therefore I cannot do a Walk Test. Not as manual.

C) Setting the System: At first,when setting, all of the LED's came on with rapid beeping and stayed that way. I then decided to remove all but zone one, which has the door switch. This now appears to be going through the exit time twice. That is slow beeps changing to rapid beeps twice. At the end of the sequence the alarm is immediately activated.

I hope I have made some simple basic mistake.

What should I do next?

I would suggest you default this back to factory settings which can be found on page 17 of Engineering manual. These are quite straight forward. Then make sure you have a link between PA and Tamper. Then arm according to the user manual, and if this works satisfactory try the other zones one at a time.