Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Simple Set Reader/Accenta Mini help required

securitywarehouse

Hi, i purchased the simpleset reader with a G4 accent mini system in November 2009. I installed the system in January all worked great with 2 keypads and the simpleset at the front door exit point. This morning my wife set the alarm with the keyfob and returned 30 minutes later went to unset the alarm and it would not work.It just has a power on light and nothing else.All other aspects are fine and have tried a number of trouble shooting tests but its useless. Reading the forums, someone has had the same fault with a new item. Is the item under a 12 month warranty/replacement? We now cannot use the alarm which is a little worrying! Many thanks for your help.

There usually isnt many faults with ADE...

Could there have been any impacts or interruptions to the cable?

How have you wired the keypads? You say you have two extra keypads (LED/LCD) and then  the simpleset? Are they wired in parallel or are they all individually connected to the end station (control box)

Do the other keypads work correctly? Try this, slowly try generate a tamper condition frm the simpleset- the software chip might have crashed on the simpleset and you need to kick start it! If you remove the screw at the bottom of the simpleset and release the tamper switch. Am I right in saying toremove and re-apply power?

Also check to see if any cables have "disconnected" from the terminal strip on ALL keypads and the end station.

*******DO NOT USE THIS INFORMATION OVER A TRAINED ENGINEER- This is for guidance only******

• 3 weeks later...