Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Help with the COOPER MENVIER M12

securitywarehouse

I have bourght quite a few of these & on wiring & checking them find none sound when tested. All you get is a constant lit LED. Is there a possiblity that all are faulty or has someone designed the ultimate pointless product? If one went into alarm I'd expect all linked alarms to sound. Is this not the case with all linked 12v linked detectors?

Hello. I can understand your confusion.

The menvier M12 detector is a fire sensor that is meant to be linked onto an intruder alarm system. The zone that you wire the M12 onto will need to be configured as a "fire zone" so it is monitored 24 hours a day so that a fire alarm can be initiated at any time even if the system is not set.

The 12v supply links to the auxiliary supply on the intruder alarm end station (control box) and then the relay NO and COM go to the zone depending on the wiring requirements.

These detectors do not have integral sounders as this detector will activate your intruder alarm as a "fire condition" and then your intruder alarm will produce a distinct fire signal through the speakers. The external sirens will usually be activated but as a pulsing signal (2 seconds on 2 seconds off)

If you require smoke detectors with integral sounders please look at domestic inter linkable smoke alarms such as the ones made by EI electronics or BRK Dicon. Unfortunately these are not available at SecurityWarehouse but can be purchased from all good DIY stores...

• 4 weeks later...