Security Warehouse Support Forum

Videx hand sets

wes

Hi

just been asked to add 3 extra hand sets to a videx intercom system model  DK1S will the Videx 2 button telephone c/w AC buzzer & mute switch Model: 3102

work with this system ?

thanks

wes ???

Hi

just been asked to add 3 extra hand sets to a videx intercom system model  DK1S will the Videx 2 button telephone c/w AC buzzer & mute switch Model: 3102

work with this system ?

thanks

wes ???

Use the 3011 Handset. But you should only connect upto 3 handsets without an amplifier.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1737

• 2 years later...

bpt and videx have slightly different cabling layouts, so id initially say it wouldnt work, however i do know that heir telephone adapoter does work in most cases (ie videx one on bpt)

Obviously this isnt supported so YMMV

I dont know of as videx call booster, but you could use multiple tone generators or ac calling then you wouldnt have an issue.

What happens when more than 3 videx handsets are used on a videx system without a booster?

Is there any chance of damage. Im ordering the handsets with slide mute so persumably it disables that handset while allowing others to function. I will at most need 3 handsets at any one time. I have a videx diagram that uses 506n tone generator but you dont list it on your site. Thanks again

If you have more than 3 handsets connected with conventional wiring then the call volume will be lower as the load will be greater. Eventually if you had enough handsets the call wouldnt work at all and damage may result.

ALso the 506/n is a relay. Im unsure how you could use it as a call generator as it doesnt have those outputs.

James

apologies its the 507n that is the tone generator  which isnt listed on your site. the videx wiring diagram connects the  no 4 wire for the 3 seperate handsets through the relay 506 to the 507 and that is connected to the 520 power supply. persumably the call tone activates the relay which activates the call tone via the power supply which is conducted to the other 3 handsets.