Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Help with an SD1+ Dialler please

Maybe unwisely, I have bought a used SD1+ Speech Dialler to replace a twelve year old model that failed to respond to all the helpful advice you gave me back in February.

I have carried out a factory restart, as described in the manual, and have created a 'NEWCODE'. However, when I try to program telephone numbers from 'READY' and press'ENT', the LCD still shows 'READY'!

Again from 'READY', if I press 'O' 'CLEARBY' is indicated. But pressing 'B', 'CLEARBY' still remains on the LCD!

Please can you help me!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply (24.5.10). I've been away since.

Yes the autodialler is an SD+ (UK) mod 2011cMAR09.

I still cannot progress beyond creating a 'NEWCODE'.

Here are some things I have tried.

Programming telephone numbers.

Manual says- From READY press ENT.

Unit will display ENT1-4 or O-C.

My unit.- From READY press ENT.

Unit still displays READY.!

When pressing 1, unit displays ENT 1-4 (fixed display)

When pressing 1 again, unit displays TELE No 1 (display moving from right to left). This is not as it should be,is it?

When using Quick Ref. Advanced Options.

From READY and pressing either 4 to 9, all codes read as per the manual.

Hope you can understand somthing of my problem!

Does your model have the 4 way option bit switch it? if so, just check all are in the off position (UK and Ireland - Security mode (I'm assumming your in the UK with the model SD1+(UK))). If switch 4 is on, it is set for Fire mode and is set to default phone number of 999 and you only have one message available. If you don't have the switch it's probably a faulty unit.

The manual for the SD1 doesn't have the advanced options 4 to 9, and the date is for a new model SD1+, also the SD1 doesn't have a code option so the quote "I still cannot progress beyond creating a 'NEWCODE'." should have given some indication to model. Also re-reading the first message, "quote" "Again from 'READY', if I press 'O' 'CLEARBY' is indicated. But pressing 'B', 'CLEARBY' still remains on the LCD!". I haven't tried this as I don't have any models with the bit switch on, but reading from the manual (installation not operators), it defaults to "clear by no-one" (if you have the switch of course)..

Just a thought... do you have the installation instructions or just the operators??? If you do, goto section 9.

Regards Dave