Security Warehouse Support Forum

Ticket Question

degsy

Hi,

how can i resolve a problem when i have raised a ticket, requested a call back, asked for a reply of any sort, phoned your contact number (pointless by the way), yet still not received any clarification as to what should be happening next. As far as my PayPal account is concerned  the money has been paid to Software Warehouse for the goods i requested on 03/05/2010. Yet Software warehouse have said my order is stalled because i put "warks" on the billing address instead of "warwickshire". This was rectified (with confirmation from PayPal) on 04/05/2010 but i still cannot get any information as to what status the order is in other than it has gone to accounts for verification, also on 04/05/2010. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Looking at your order, I would not think it has anything to do with you entering Warks. as your County, Paypal are telling us that This Payer is verified but the address is unconfirmed.

As we actively try to prevent fraud, (which we are aware regretfully costs us sales,) as sometimes we catch genuine customers as well, we only ship to UK customers who are verified and confirmed with Paypal.

So when someone continues with an order using an unconfirmed address we stall the order and request these customers advise what they want to do next. Do you want your order cancelled and refunded, or will you verify your address with Paypal and we will ship the order.

With many people using on line shopping, there is a great deal of fraud, this system, which we state on our web site,  does prevent us shipping goods to fraudsters and protects card holders who have been targeted by fraudsters and have not ordered any goods,  from having their cards used, at this site anyway, by fraudsters who have the goods delivered direct to themselves.

We regret the inconvenience this causes all of our genuine customers, including yourself

Anne

Hi Anne.

Thankyou for replying.

When i phoned Paypal to ask why there was a problem, there was no mention of the card being verified to the address. I have been using this card with Papal/Ebay for purchases since o6/2008, and as such wondered why there was a problem with it being connected to my address.

Also, as you will see from your records. i have purchased from you in the past using this very card.

If you could please refund my money and once i see it back in my account i will try again using my credit card. unless that needs verifying to my address as well.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Anne,

Paypal should have now verified the address using the removal of funds and the "4 digit" code entry, so hopefully this should stop any more problems with this. i still think in future i will use my credit card though.

Many thanks for sorting this out, will look foreward to receiving my goods soon.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Looking at your previous order 15073 which was paid by your Paypal account, we dropped you a note saying that the address was coming back from Paypal unconfirmed and asking you to confirm the address with Paypal before choosing Paypal as your payment method, on any future orders.

The anti fraud checks done when you used a card for payment were fine. Not everyone does strict anti fraud checks, perhaps we are too cautious, but having been attacked by fraudsters in the past, we try not to let them get any deliveries from us.

Your current order was posted to payment processed and should be delivered shortly, and now that your address is confirmed there will be no 'hold ups' on future orders

Anne