Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] How do I register the devices with the portal?

The latest Dimension Installation Manual (just sent to me by Honeywell) does not mention this portal, but in relation to the RF Rio advises the installer to refer to the instructions that come with the modules.

There are no instructions provided with the Portal on registering the devices. The Keypad asks for the serial numbers of the devices, but none of the devices actually identifies any of its numbers as serial numbers. The unique numbers on the D0800M wireless door magnets are too long to be accepted by the keypad. The only numeric-only unique numbers on the DTP18M devices (on a sticky label on the side of the batteries) appear to be accepted but their signals are nonetheless not decoded by the RF Portal (set to Alpha).

The Honeywell web-site is about out of date, and contains no usable information on the RF Portal.

How do I register the devices with the portal, and what other settings are required?

Many thanks

V 6.5 and Portal is communicating 100% with the Panel.  Honeywell have (very promptly) just sent me some new instructions that have not previously appeared in the Dimension Manual (their web-site and documentation always seem to be several months behind the pace) which look as if they should work. There is an Self-Learn function for the device's serial number, accessed it seems by pressing the * key and operating the tamper.

The Self-Learn function worked as it said on the tin. You must take any batteries out of the device first and re-insert, as the function is time-limited. The Keypad registers it first as a Force Tamper.