Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Bell BS4 Bellissimo 4 Station Video System

Hello I am Eric who made the telephone enquiry earlier today. I have an existing Standard Panel Bell Intercom System, and would like to understand how to upgrade this Bell intercom system with the latest Bell BS4 Bellissimo 4 Station Video System?

18 hours ago, Secware_Tech6 said:

Hi Eric

What system do you have currently and how is is cabled / wired.

ie what type and size of cables run where?

Hi,

Can you assess the imagery I am attaching to this thread please? All I know is that it is a 4 station Bell Systems audio only intercom system which was installed in my family home in 1994. It has been very reliable but has encountered some handset and audio quality issues over the past 2 years. I would therefore like to know if the current Bell BS4 4 station video system you have online below can be able to be installed and effectively upgrade what I have described above?

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/access-control-c-27/video-c-27_34/bell-bs4-bellissimo-4-station-video-system-p-6296.html

Thank you,

Eric

Flat A Bell System handset receiver internal wiring.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

My initial concern is that BT cable isnt ideal for Video but OK for audio.

Looking at your images it isnt cat5 cable.

You me be better with a 2 wire system depending on the ranges involved

I assume you have standard parallel audio (ie call is seperate but audio is common.

If your having issues on that cable with audio only video and audio is highly probably to be an issue 

Hi again,

Based on your last responses above, what audio video intercom systems work on a 2 wire system? I suspect I also have a cross wire on my main Bell system outside front door panel and that is currently causing 2 handsets to buzz into them jointly. As for audio it may be what you are suggesting but it also seems like the main panel's audio speaker is a bit defective.

Thank you,

Eric

On 6/1/2024 at 7:46 AM, Eric said:

Hi again,

Based on your last responses above, what audio video intercom systems work on a 2 wire system? I suspect I also have a cross wire on my main Bell system outside front door panel and that is currently causing 2 handsets to buzz into them jointly. As for audio it may be what you are suggesting but it also seems like the main panel's audio speaker is a bit defective.

Thank you,

Eric

upgrading equipment wont help if you have fundamental wiring issues

Most 2 wire stuff has a 50m limit depending on cable

14 hours ago, Secware_Tech6 said:

upgrading equipment wont help if you have fundamental wiring issues

Most 2 wire stuff has a 50m limit depending on cable

I don't have a fundamental wiring issue. Where in what I have said over the past 5 days have I confirmed a wiring issue? My question was can I upgrade what I have, and whoever is responding to my questions and responses has gradually decided that I have fundamental wiring issue?  I will request that this ticket enquiry is closed as I have gained nothing but delay and ultimately time wasted on my question even when I took the effort to illustrate the system I currently use which is working with some minor faults after 28 years..