Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Telephone control of alarm

Secware_Tech6

Dear Sir / Madam. I am looking at replacing my aged Yale SA5 alarm system with a product from your company and i was looking at the Scantronic i-on40 with wired kp's for a solution. Does the system allow Remote turn off via a PSTN network or over the public internet via a login.If not could you suggest a more appropriate solution. Thank you for your time. Regards Paul

Hello... This may have no relevance to the post but SMS has had some issues with being sent over the PTSN network...

SMS over PSTN

We have received reports that some of the SMS service numbers provided by the major mobile telephone companies are becoming unreliable in operation.

A number of Cooper Security products have the ability to send SMS messages using a standard telephone land line (PSTN). Where this functionality is being used the Cooper Security equipment will send the SMS however the service provider will not complete the transmission.

This problem is not unique to Cooper Security products and will affect any equipment that uses a SMS over PSTN service.

The Cooper Security products specifically affected by this third party problem are:

i-SD02 plug on digicom / speech dialler for i-on40

i-DIG02 plug on digicom for i-on40

SD2 Speech dialler

Cooper Security

as above. Using free centre numbers can have issues. They are under the control of the networks.

The only panel unaffected by this are the castle units as they update their settings from the castle host computer. These have updated themselves.

to be fair the cost of std digicom monitoring is low and is 100% reliable. SMS is not and should IMHO never be used as a primary sinalling method.