Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] MKP-150 No red or Amber light

Secware2

Hi - my Visonic Keypad is an MKP - 150 and I think it is dead. The Green lights are on but when I arm or disarm the system no noise comes from the Kepad itself and no Red light shows - nor an amber light for "trouble"

I am sure it is powered by mains so do you think it is "dead?

Hi

Only the Green (power) light and ironically the Green chime light

I say ironic because nothing chimes now - we did have 4 or 5 doors which when opened chimed at the Keypad

Also when we set or unset the alarm that too would be heard - counting down for example - but yesterday without prior warning it stopped working altogether leaving just the 2 green lights

When "armed" the Red light does not show on the Keypad and there are no Amber "trouble" light either. In fact the whole keypad is just dead. Not a single button does anything

The Alarm does set and I have to go below it when arming to hear it say "arming home" - and when coming in I have to go to same place to hear it "disarm" and I suppose I could live with just the Key Fobs but we live in a Bungalow and Wife likes the security given by the "ding dong" chime on the entry doors.

Is it possible as it has been in for 5 plus years that the Batteries are gone - if indeed it has any - as  am sure it runs off the mains from in the loft somewhere. Also if it is dead and gone I have been told it is obsolete but is there something I could buy from you to do the same job please

Appreciate any help you can give as my Alarm Eng. lives almost an hour away and cant come due to the Virus until advised he can do !

Many thanks John Turner

John. I'd be looking at power cycling it before condemning it as dead. There is a battery. 

Bear in mind it's not just a simple job of swapping the unit over and a new one working on your system. 

The chime may not be working because its been turned off