Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Line Fail sensing

Secware2

I have an A083-01 that was working fine in a Galaxy Flex 20 up until about a month ago when the panel started to report line failures. Despite several resets of both the Internet and the panel, the error would come back within an hour or so (line fail sensing). The diagnostics on the panel report that the comms are all good. The LEDs on the A083 also suggest everything is OK (Green on 0.1, off 0.9 sec) Orange intermittent = ethernet. If I disconnect the 435 cable I get an immediate error on the panel, so it is being detected OK.

I’ve replaced the Ethernet cable, used a different IP address etc, all without change.

However, I cannot communicate in or out via the unit. Rather than incur the (possibly unnecessary) expense of buying a replacement A083, I would like to first see if it is 100% at fault.

I hope this is enough to go on, but I’m happy to answer more questions and to perform on-site diagnostics if you need.

Very many thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, Secware_Tech6 said:

Are you using this with the honeywell cloud service?

No, I'm using the A083 with a privately operated monitoring service.  I'm confident it's not the service at fault.

Thanks for asking!

1 hour ago, Secware2 said:

The diagnostics on the panel report that the comms are all good. The LEDs on the A083 also suggest everything is OK (Green on 0.1, off 0.9 sec)

Just to be clear this only shows the data connection between the panel and the module. Not any other monitoring etc.

What is the 3rd party service out of interest?

Can you ping the local IP on the lan?

2 hours ago, Secware_Tech6 said:

Just to be clear this only shows the data connection between the panel and the module. Not any other monitoring etc.

What is the 3rd party service out of interest?

Can you ping the local IP on the lan?

Ah, interesting about the led indication - I thought it indicated connectivity to network too.  I live and learn!

The 3rd party is selfmon

And no, I cannot ping from the local subnet. dest unreachable.

Thanks again!

On 6/6/2020 at 2:05 AM, Secware_Tech6 said:

Just to followup I'm not assuming but you may have an IP addressing issue if you are getting that from ping 

Sorry,  My bad:  Ping response from the static IP address is "Request timed out". (forget Dest unreachable, that was my brain-fart).  I have two unrelated devices within the same subnet and the "other" device is immediately reachable: "Reply from x.x.x.x. : bytes 32 time=3ms TTL 63".

I've re-verified that DHCP is not enabled, that the IP address, subnet and gateway are correct via the Flex 20 interface.  I've also ruled out any firewall rules that might prevent communication either up or down.

I had also (in a previous chat with Stuart) ran a completely new ethernet cable from router to device and set this on DHCP - just to rule out any network misconfig.  Still invisible (no IP connection seen at router).

My guess (in the absence of any technical testing capability) is that I have a fried A083-01.  Frustrating, but I guess I'll be looking for a new one!

Thanks very much for your continued support and help :)

Derek