Security Warehouse Support Forum

Texecom Odyssey 3E- Just ordered one, Any good?

ravis94

Hi

I have just ordered a texecom odyssey 3E bellbox. I was going to buy a 4E but the neighbours strobe is totally invisible in daytime so you cant identify where the irritating wailing originates from unless you live next-door!!!

How bright are the strobes on these units? Can I have it so it is powered ONLY from the panel (accenta G4) and not the internal battery? Is any fixing equipment included such as wall plugs etc..?

oh and is the strobe LED or xenon???

Has anybody got datasheets for this unit that I could read up on?? Can't seem to find any!

The 4 uses a back strobe, ie no lens but the whole of the backplate should flash. However units with strobe lens's are more visible in the daylight. The oddy series all use xenon tubes ie not LED.

You can disconnect the internal battery but that will remove some protection for the bell, ie if the unit is removed from the wall it would use its internal battery to self actuate. If you remove this then it cant.

Datasheet is at the bottom of the page for that product see

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=335

Once again brilliant service from securitywarehouse!!! Absolutely brilliant and will definitely come back soon!

Bellbox is happily working on my accenta G4 and was very easy to set up. Postage was very very quick too!!! ;D

Thankyou!!!