Security Warehouse Support Forum

Texecom 4/4E Bellbox???

ravis94

Hello SecurityWarehouse

I still havent got a bellbox for my system yet (Accenta G4)... I was thinking of getting one that is hardly visible and I wanted quality so I thought of Texecom! I have been looking at their Odyssey's and I think the 4E does just that.

On your website, you have the Odyssey 4 and the Odyssey 4E live backplates in either clear or blue. If I was to get a "clear" 4E live backplate will the strobe lens be clear along the outside or blue?

Basically the strobe is around the edge of the unit and I would like to know if that wrap around strobe reflector blue or clear? Its just i've seen pictures and some are blue but they have clear backplates?

If I wanted the blue reflector should I just get the "blue" backplate? Now the only difference I have seen is that the 4E doesnt have screw tamper whereas the 4 has all 3 tampers.

Also ive seen the price cheaper elsewhere, the full unit is cheaper at ADKsecurity. http://www.adksecurityltd.com/texecom-odyssey-4e-46-p.asp

Thankyou

Accounts will lower the price on monday thanks for that Ravis.

re the bell

yes the surround will either be blue or clear depending on the colour ordered, but the 4E is the economy version.

It has a lower sound output and only a single internal sounder over the normal higher specced 4

If I can put my twopenneth..the Ody 4 is a nicer looking box and not as common as the others , but the strobe is not as noticeable as say the 1E/3E , so if you want a bright strobe , go for the 1E or 3E as the 4E is poor in daylight.Also , cheap webprices aren't everything , I ordered some bits from a cheap site recently..all bits arrived apart from the panel..it took 2 weeks for it to arrive.

so can it be confirmed that the strobe is around the edges so the wall would light up when it flashed?

What is this about moveable LEDs too? are these the "comfort lights" or the actual strobe lights. My other neighbours bellbox looks identical and when it goes off there are about 6 different lights flashing crazily inside it, is that the odyssel 4 or a different one?

I do like the look of it as the standard white boxes with blue caps at the bottom are too common. Id like mine to be more stylish.

Has securitywarehouse got any manuals on the odyssey 4/4E? that would be much appreciated. So how would I go about having the bellbox "power down" when I turned off my alarm system panel? Remember this is not for the full house! I used the G4 for a presentation and now have it installed in my room. My room isnt linked to the house alarm and I am just above an extension so an alarm is mandatory in my room! Just need a bell now...

The strobe tube sits dead centre of the backpanel, hence the reason it has poorer visibility .The comfort leds are "loose" so , depending on which way up you have it , you can place the leds to suit.All Texecom bells feature an "engineers mode" which will enable you to decommission the bell when not needed.

There are many led torches and gadgets with high visibility leds..you could add your own custom design.

so once the alarm activates is the strobe a xenon bulb or high efficiency LEDs? If it is LEDs it will be easy for me to change the bulbs and add more low current LEDs

Would it be possible to connect the unit to my vigilon compact fire alarm panel as well as my accenta G4?

The fire panel uses the Master Alarm sounder circuit which is 24V... Would it interfere with the intruder panel and vice versa. I dont want to damage my fire alarm panel as it is Gent and as you may know the panel alone costs £1000+

Is it not recommended?

you cant wire the fire alarm panel directly to any 12v sounder as its 24v. It will damage the sounder. YOu could however use a 24v relay on the fire panel to give you a clean contact to switch the sounder from the intruder power supply. But id just wire into a zone on the panel programmed as fire.

yeah thats fine... I'll just keep it on my intruder panel. I will just get an extra voice sounder for my fire alarm...

So how exactly does the engineer hold-off mode work? Does the Accenta G4 have this functionality.

And has anyone got any datasheet for the Odyssey 4/4E???