Security Warehouse Support Forum

Battery fault Scantronic 9800+ .. help!

tumbleweed

Please can anyone help with the following re. Intruder Alarm system Scantronic 9800+. (9827)

In brief, there is a code showing as bF which I understand through d/loading the User manual means: battery fault on the control panel.

The alarm has been going off several times a day for nearly a week and I disconnected the ringer several days ago but am too worried to open up the control panel in case it then goes off again and I can't press the code to stop the noise once the faccia is removed.

However, I need to see inside in order to know what type of battery I need to buy to replace the present faulty battery.

Any assistance would be much appreciated,

Thank you,

Tumbleweed

Hi Tumbleweed,

The Coopers 9800 panel takes up to a 12volt 7amp battery, so I would guess it was fitted with a 12v 7amp  when it was installed.  If you go on the web site just type in Enersys and you will see all the battery sizes for you to choose, hope this helps with your query.

Regards

Elaine

I feel your pain!!!! its happened to us at like 2AM!!! every 3 minutes WWWUUEEAAAUUUUWUUUEEEAAAUUUU!!!!!!!!!

It is probably the internal panel battery as if it was the bellbox there would be no report on the actual alarm panel, i think just the bellbox sounds... The reason the panel sets the alarm off is because it is either completely drained or overheating so scantronic told us the following morning. It usually warns you with the code Lb (low battery)

Thank you so much for the advice and sympathy. I am so grateful to this Forum for the valuable contact I made. When the 'thing' alarm was still ringing its head off every few minutes, I saw a helpful answer on the Forum and contacted the person who had submitted the advice. It was after midnight but he emailed me right back. He is an experienced installer who gave me clear instructions how to disengage all the bits and pieces and offered to come to London from Shropshire to service it in spite of the terrible weather etc.

It is so rare these days to meet a genuinely kind person like this, he made no money from this but I will certainly have him do a service and get it up and running when the weather warms up.

• 5 years later...