Security Warehouse Support Forum

Recommendations for Alarm System

jayuk

Hi Guys

I need some advice

I have a five bedroom house, no pets, 2 children and need an alarm system lol.

The incumbent is a old scantronic which needs to be replaced

I need auto dial and all the usual good stuff [im a bit of a techy!]

PIR - Quad Tec good? Any recommendations?

In terms of the panel and PIR makes - what do people recommend?

Ill need 2 Bell Boxes [one live one dummy]

Total PIRs : 6

Door contacts : 4

Dont mind if its code or key fob

Any recommendations?

hello there,

If you already have a scantronic system I would recommend a Scantronic 9651 system http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=809

This system is a little more higher end and is a little bit more advanced... If you just want something that is fairly easy to install then I would recommend the ADE Accenta G4 with the LCD RKP (I have this one), it was so easy to get set up providing you have all the wiring correct.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_41&products_id=864

In terms of PIR, I like the ESP quest but I also like the IS215. Have a look at both, see which one you think would look better in your living room or other area of protection.

A good bellbox is the Texecom 4E, they do a dummy of this too. Ive seen them in action, they look stylish and are very loud!! If its too expensive then get the AG6.

If you want two keypads (one upstairs one downstairs) then you can get an LED or an LCD remote keypad seperate to the ADE Accenta G4 control panel as it only comes with 1. Same with the scantronic 9651

Im not sure if the optima can allow you to expand with remote keypads? can someone clarify??

Let us know your decision

Ravi94

You have 10 detectors , so the 9651 or Accenta are out of the equation.I would suggest you look at the Texecom Premier with an 8 zone expander , or a Galaxy 2-20 (12 zones onboard).If money is tight go for the ESP detectors , but I would aim a little higher (Tex Prestige or Optex).

I concur with fastcar.

Whilst you can wire more than 8 detectors from an accenta/optima it is not recommended and if relevant will not comply. ALso you will not be able to identify the detector that alarmed etc.

Both panels mentioned (premier / galaxy) are fine panels. Depending on ultimate flexability req the premier is more powerful than the G2 range.