Security Warehouse Support Forum

Setting Up Network On Secware Eco 4

matt6697

Hi, 

Just tried to setup remote viewing using surveillance client it pics up the ip address ok, then I add it to the group, but when I try the main view option it says the cammeras are not connected to the network, and I can't view anything, anyone know where I maybe going wrong Ive checked the ip and ports on both sides and they match.

Also tried to connect using the asee app on a windows phone and it says connection failed, used ip address and mobile port number

Cheers

Matt 

yeh tried both of them had no look, it definitely did find the right port number and ip address on the survilenceclient one  as it matched the one on the dvr it also found it automatically.  Was just when i came to view them it had 4 blank screens it showed the group but when i expanded it it showed 4 cameras with a red bit in each

yeh tried both of them had no look, it definitely did find the right port number and ip address on the survilenceclient one  as it matched the one on the dvr it also found it automatically.  Was just when i came to view them it had 4 blank screens it showed the group but when i expanded it it showed 4 cameras with a red bit in each

Check passwords etc as should be fine. Re asee that's the old app and no longer supported on newer hardware

• 4 weeks later...

Hi tried what you said and still says cameras are offline? do I need to enable port forwarding on the network settings of the DVR, and Im guessing just to leave the connection type as a static IP?.

Also might I need to log into the router and enable port forwarding to the IP address of the DVR on that end to?, it's a virgin media super hub.

cheers 

Matt