Security Warehouse Support Forum

Honeywell Galaxy 3 Firmware

wint100

Hi,

I have a Honeywell Galaxy 3 48 panel running V5.50 firmware. I've seen firmware for the Dimension 48 @ V6.79. Are these 2 panels the same and can I upgrade my panel to V6.79 firmware or are there hardware difference that cap my firmware @ V5.55?

I always thought they were the same panel just with different firmware but after looking though info I'm no longer sure as to the compatibility.

If I can upgrade, I'll purhcase the SPI key from security warehouse but will need some instructions on ow to perform the update.

Thanks

You cannot install Dimension firmware onto the G3 PCB. The Dimension has different circuitry than the older G3-48. The SPI will not allow the flash to be added.  You will need to swap out the PCB.

The E080-2, E080-4 and LCE-01 are compatible with the G3, but Honeywell phone apps will not work, only selfmon apps. The Honeywell apps only work with the Dimension and Flex panels. 

Also, the RF portals do not work with G3, you need the Dimension with the latest firmware for that to work. You can use the older RF RIO with the G3, but to be honest, you're best to just upgrade to the Dimension.

The latest firmware for your G3 is V5.55 

The latest firmware for the Dimension is now 6.92 which supports output control via apps (but only with GD-48 and GD-96 due to firmware bugs with the bigger 264 and 520 panels).

It's a straight swap. The enclosure and PSU is the same. The latest Dimension comes with a back wall tamper switch, but that's for regulations and doesn't matter if you're self install.

They sell PCB's on this site, but almost £200 for a Dimension 48.  I don't think they will let me post pointers to anywhere else.