Security Warehouse Support Forum

Alarm going off while unset

dannywilko

Has it just recently started doing this? You havent got into engineer mode and accidentally adjusted any settings? Can you tell us whether a tamper light is illuminated on the keypad?

There may be 2 things:

1) Z2 may be on 24 hour intruder

2) There is a tamper condition at the panel.

Also is the panel generating a full alarm condition with your outside bells and inside sounder ringing? If not then let us know. It may just be chime, that can be switched on very easily and accidentally

Has it just recently started doing this? You havent got into engineer mode and accidentally adjusted any settings? Can you tell us whether a tamper light is illuminated on the keypad?

There may be 2 things:

1) Z2 may be on 24 hour intruder

2) There is a tamper condition at the panel.

Also is the panel generating a full alarm condition with your outside bells and inside sounder ringing? If not then let us know. It may just be chime, that can be switched on very easily and accidentally

what i did was open the panel - and disconnected the door contact on zone 3 from the aux ports, because i was told on here the contact doesnt require power. i put it all back together - now when i go in the kitchen it fires full alarm condition and indicates zone 2 on the panel - the tamper light is on also on but i think this is because i have now got the panel lid off due to trying to sort this out.

also im no expert as you can prob tell, but when the alarm is going off the sounds seem different -deffinately full alarm not chime tho - just the noise seems different.

hope you can help me sort this out

daniel

is there any way you can describe the sound it is making or better get a recording? It should just be the standard siren sound and nothing else unless its fire.

Make sure that your zone 2 terminal wires arent touching any other zone wiring by accident. lol I would actually laugh if it was wired into tamper LOL!

Screw the cover back onto the end station box and then see if the tamper condition clears, if not then you have the problem of a tamper relating to z2.

Is there a tamper condition coming from the zone 2?

i have looped out z2 and alarm doesnt trigger, so maybe programming error,

if i reset the panel by doing the 07 command, would you please be able to give me  step by step instructions on programming the system.

heres how it is wired

z1 - Living Room - pir

z2 - kitchen - pir

z3 - downstairs passage - door contact only

z4 - landing - pir

z5 - small bedroom - pir

z6 - marster bedroom - pir

(i previously had z3 entry/exit and rest guard)

i hope i can get this sorted has have 2 young kids and want to make it safer for them  :-[

thank you daniel

Daniel

I think the key to this is to do it in stages.

Are you happy that the rest of the system is functions as you would like while c2 is looped out?

If so i recommend we reprogram c2 as i believe you have this programmed as a fire zone or something similar.

Once we have that confirmed we canb have a look at the programming sequence.

James

can you describe the noise please? I know that you can programme each and every zone as:

24 hour alarm (possible yours is set to this Z2)

fire (possible yours is set to this)

Inhibited entry

guard (this should be the setting yours is on)

others...

is the alarm sounder like any of the following as the different noises all mean different things:

1) Hi-Lo "Nee Naw" sound (fire alarm)

2) Standard siren sound (weau weau weau)

3) Continuous

4) other

If you can clarify what noise your panel was making we can tell you how to do it in seconds.

THAT IS THE FIRE ALARM!!!!!!!! That one has been "programmed" strangely a a fire one, if that zone wanted to be used as a fire alarm it should have a smoke/heat detector on it but because you have aPIR on it, the panel keeps thinking that a detector is triggering the fire when it is the PIR!!

I will try find out the commands to programme it back to guard. Dont worry, we'll get it sorted for you!!

Can I just as? have you entered programming mode by accident? have you got an engineers code??