Security Warehouse Support Forum

Buying a scantronic 9448 system

ravis94

Hello,

I am planning on getting a new intruder alamr panel. My accenta g4 is not as reliable as you may think. With the dan thing making a buzzing noise thru the speakers, display going funny, LEDs flickering and as many other faults you could think of! I am planning on buying a scantronic 9448 control panel (the control box with 1 RKP).

I have 5 current intruder ones (1 panic), 1 fire and one spare. Is it possible to have a fire alarm zone on this unit? And once I fit it, will I need an engineer code? Im presuming it starts with 7 and ends in 0. I wont put the whole code on here to save any problems. I also would like to know if it is programmed with a full menu or with programming codes such as 42 or 12 etc... Can 1 zone be set as an entry exit and most importantly is there an internal speaker and aux 12v for the powered detectors?

It seems to be a very good panel by certain reviews just like the rest of scantronics products if im correct!

So just to sum it all up:

Does it have 7 zones?

Does it need an engineer code? is it supplied wiht the panel?

can it have a fire alarm zone?

is it easy to programme?

Can it have an internal speaker?

Does it have auxiliary power (12v for powered detectors)

Does it have programmable entry/exit time?

Please help as I am planning on buying it very very soon!

Thankyouuu! :P;D;)

ravi

Personally id get to the bottom of whatis wrong with your accenta as its a better panel, but.

Does it have 7 zones?

Yes

Does it need an engineer code? is it supplied wiht the panel?

It will be supplied with the panel

can it have a fire alarm zone?

Yes

is it easy to programme?

Depends on what you class as easy, id say yes though

Can it have an internal speaker?

Yes

Does it have auxiliary power (12v for powered detectors)

Yes

Does it have programmable entry/exit time?

Yes

Hope that helps

Support

Damn!

That was a really fast reply!!

What I mean by easy to programme is like the texecom veruitas you have to use 2 digit codes to set commands like 62 for entry time then you type in the tme you want... I will read the manual through 3 times before I start playing with it LOL!

Also, what sort of fire detectors can I use a I am adding a line of them in my house. Can I use a tandard fire alarm detector like an apollo s65 or hochiki slr-e3 (I think its that one!). I know that the fire circuit is usually closed and when the circuit is opened i.e the detector activating the alarm will sound. Unlike a fire panel where it is usually open and then it closes to activate. I also would like to trst an old callpoint I found and may just install that! Its a KAC slide front with LED

If I set a zone to fire activation will the mode change form normally closed to normally open like a fire alarm panel? And can any zone be programmed as a fire alarm?

Okay then, I am not sure about your listing on the site. the item I want is a:

Can you please tell me if both the following items come with seperate RKP units please:

Scantronic 9448EUR-95 CONTROL PANEL C/W 9427EUR-80 RKP GRADE1

SCANTRONIC 9448EUR-90

And is there one unit of each in stock?

Its just that in the 9448EUR-90 picture it shows it with 2 rkp's. Im just a little confused. Can you clarify both for me please!

Thanks again!

they are reliable but they are a bottom end pro panel.

I personally wouldnt use one, but only because i think they are basic, not because there is anything wrong with them.

The volume of some tones are adjustable but again if you want full flexability you will need a much higher end panel.

I would powerup up mains first then battery but the manual will advise.

Support

Hello again,

I placed the order yesterday for the following:

1X scantronic 9448 panel with rkp

4X SECWARE SC517/WH White

1X 16 ohm internal speaker

1X esp quest pir

Can you please specify how to wire the SECWARE SC517/WH White to a zone as I know the texecom ones are absolute rubbish from my old system (replaced them about 7 times). It says there are 5 screws but can you detail how it wires up to save me time? And when will I recieve this order, will it be able to get despatched on monday?

The warehouse is closed on monday as its a bank holiday but it will go out tues.

To wire a contact in of that type there are 5 terminals. 2 silver connections and the rest brass.

The brass connections are purly for joints etc and do not connect to anything, the silver scres are the contact. So as your wiring double pole you need to wire the zone to those 2 terminals. You should also wire in a tamper circuit and short these together on one of the junction screws (brass ones)

Oh okay brilliant. Ive taken off the old control panel and keypad today and some faulty devices which I have bought replacements from yourselves! I bet this is the longest thread on this forum isnt it!! :P   

On the scantronic 9448 can any zone be programmed as a fire zone or entry exit? or is it factory defined zones only? Will a 2.1ah battery fit in this control panel too?

Cheers ;D

depends on the manufacturer. BUt usually SAB = self actuating Bell, and SCB - self contained bell.

Usually an SAB only uses its internal battery when severed from the panel. WHereas an SCB uses its internal battery at all times for activations.

You would normally use scb to lower the alarm demand on the panel

Hi, I got the panel today and its the scanny 9448. Ive installed 90% but want to change my bellbox next week when i buy it. I have tamper lines on my devices and that is all fine. Its just the damn tamper light will not turn off which wont let me set the stupid thing!!

I hink its the bellbox tamper line. Is it posible to short out that tamper by wiring it into another terminal because all of this work will have to go on hold til next week if I cant sort it!!

I am not fussed about the tamper anyway. Please help!!!