Security Warehouse Support Forum

[Ticket Question] Help replacing a Karisma plus alarm system

securitywarehouse

I am replacing a Karisma plus alarm system in a large house. Unfortunately this randomly goes off & is especially susceptible to fluorescent lights.

Requirements for new system:-

Be able to identify all items individually and have them displayed with name on RKP eg kitchen window, front door. House has several loops of 4 core (unscreened) cable so can't put items on individual wiring.

No windows = 17

no doors = 3

no PIRs = 6

no fire detectors = 2

no RKPs = 3

System should have dialer + speech module or GSM

Hopefully system can be set to detect two events before alarming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , have you had the system serviced recently? , if it is still working then there may be a reason why it is giving trouble , and that could be interference from a faulty appliance , and changing the panel may not cure this.

I would at least replace the battery.

Thanks,

I have always had problems with alarm since installation. I have fitted filters on mains input with no effect. Even when alarm is un-armed it will go off with tamper problems. Switching one particular fluorescent light more or less guaranteed to set it off. I now use electronics starters and this gets over the problem. I have also replaced some of the wiring with screened cable and this has helped greatly. Wiring seems to pick up some interference.

Replaced battery recently. Alarm has always had a problem with power outages, causing keypads to lock up. It has to be completely powered down (mains & battery disconnected) to reset main board. I suspect there may have been a later version of the panel which worked better, judging from reaction I got from ADE when I contacted them once.

I didn't realise reed switches were so unreliable. I have two go fault recently. Not good for relations with neighbours.

I am looking at Texecom Premier alarm with ID+ support. At least might be able to set two triggers before it goes off.