Security Warehouse Support Forum

Single Activation of 5 security lights

johnopaulo

I was lookiat your Voltek Single Zone Control Unit - 1803. Would this allow me to run 5 security lights  via parallel cabling into this unit and if one light activates then they would all activate at the same time? If not do you have such a set up that would so this? Also could youy advise on whether each light would need an individual PIR or could i install sensor(s) into the loop that would cause full activation of all the lights at once?

Cheers

Johno

Hi , the unit you mension would require a separate pir input (1804, 1811 or 1816 PIR sensors ), this would trigger the lights attached to it , you can have as many or as few light fittings as you like as long as you observe the load limits.

Note , the lights that you are switching are not combined security lights .

Thanks for that FasrCar. However, I will expand on my problem. My garden area is 60metres x 40 metres and I want all the lights to activate at the same time. So if this unit activates all the lights at once via a sensor then where would i place the sensor in realtion to my garden perimeter so it would motion activate on any movement arouns all the perimeter. I see this as near impossible so to add to this can this unit be acivated via a number of motion sensors places around the garden. Am i riughgt in assuming this unti does not work with lights with fitter PIR's?

Regards

Sorry for the long delay in replying. However, I have to make sure I buy the correct equipment. My garden is for arguments sake a rectangle. each corner will have a security light with a fitted sensor. I will have 1.5 mm 3 core + earth in a paralell wiring configuration. That way any pir sensors on any of the lights should trigger them all at once as I  will have run a live and switched live to L and L1 respectively. In theory I just need then to run the cable into a spur switch via an rcb. Would i need such a thing as the voltel single control unit as I will not be using external sesors in the loopas each fitted pir sensors are wired this way?

regards

Paul