Security Warehouse Support Forum

GjD autodialer

dumptruckface

have never used this item before, i purchased two as the cost is very very good, easy to use and no messsing around to install at all, on the face of it i was happy .....untill i programmed the first one up... and it dosent work, changed it forthe second one.. still no good took them to another location without a broudband connection ( in case this was causing a fault) still no good, spoke to the manufacturer and they cant help as he says i have done everything correctly??? surely two units cant both be faulty.. im dissapointed in the product for a first trial its not looking good. has anyone else had any experience with these dialers? i really dont want to order a different manufacture's auto dialer as then i have to add the cost to the customer/ or take the hit myself. any info good or bad would be nice to hear.

i wouldnt say we have a problem with these units, and we have tested them on BT lines. Som elines have leastcost routing that take too long to connect, some non bt lines have less than 50v and the dialler wont pre flash, I would disconnect all the other eqp on that line and see if that helps, as you could have an old phone etc causing you problems.

sorted the problem...hopefuly, i have just had a phone call from gjd tech support it turns out that they have changed the phone lead in the kit ( or the manufacturers have) and they are the wrong type! so they will not work at all anyway!!. seems like there will be a recall of some sort, i would expect once they have worked out which batch's are effected.