Security Warehouse Support Forum

honeywell pet pir - problem

Ziv7

I used the Honeywell Activ8 PIR in an installation in a house where they have a cat.

I have set the tolerance to 15kg and pulse to medium (jumper link between 2 and 3)

There have been a few false alarms in different rooms and none of the sensors face a window or stairs, there are chairs and sofas though.

I have changed the sensors to the highest tolerance yesterday - 25kg and fitted the jumper link between 3 and 4. Which I wouldn't think is necessary for a cat.

Is there anything i may have missed that caused that problem?

I don't know yet whether the change I made is good yet as i've only done it yesterday.

Is it maybe because it's a relatively cheap pet sensors? if so which ones are better?

Thanks

they are but they should be fine with a cat. What you must ensure is that any pet on any sensor cannot get within 6 ft of the detector. The creep zone must also be disabled.

Also they cant look at stairs. To be fair cats are more of a problem than dogs due to the things they jump on etc.  Can you get me an example photo of the room from the sensors perspective?

James