Security Warehouse Support Forum

Menvier SD3 Voice Dialler with GSM

robmoore

I have a few questions about this product that I am hoping someone can answer.

1.  The product has an in-built microphone.  Is it also possible to attach an external microphone (like Texecom's voice dialler)?

2.  Are the remote functions (e.g. memo playback, listen in etc) accessible through both the GSM route and the normal telephone line.

3.  What's the best method for provide back-up power?

Thanks.

Theoretically, could you cut the mic wires and extend them etc... or is the mic PCB mounted or something.  Clearly the former would severely impair the warrantly (not desirable on such an expensive item).

I was thinking of housing the SD3 (or similar) in a tamper proof box with its own battery i.e. so it can still operate if some-one cuts the power.  Clearly the battery would need to be charged - cut this be achieved by simply wiring the battery in parallel to that in the main control panel, rather than having a separate supply/charger.  This would be helpful.

Finally, given that the primary objective of this exercise is to achieve remote "listening in" the location of the microphone is fairly important.  Given that one wants to hide the dialler but free the microphone so you can hear things I would imagine having a remote mic is probably the most important feature (your thoughts based on experience - how good are these mics/remote mics?).  If so, it probably rules out the SD3 for me, does the SD2 or SD1 have remote mic capability, and/or would you recommend these products over the Texecom unit which does? I have read a few issues with the Texecom unit and the SMS service - this has steered me away from it.  Maybe the CQR GD06 GSM Dialler is the best option - does this permit listening in/remote mics?

Sorry for many questions... confused and don't want to waste money!

The mic is indeed pcb mounted, while technically possible to extend, it wouldnt be supported.

I was thinking of housing the SD3 (or similar) in a tamper proof box with its own battery i.e. so it can still operate if some-one cuts the power.  Clearly the battery would need to be charged - cut this be achieved by simply wiring the battery in parallel to that in the main control panel, rather than having a separate supply/charger.  This would be helpful.

You are going to need some sort of psu. Im assuming that you will be running this from an intruder panel. If so this has its own 12v backup system that will also run your dialler. If your concerned that severing the wire betwen the panel and dialler is a risk then id suggest a dialler isnt secure enough in this instance and you should be looking at redcare or dualcom etc.

Finally, given that the primary objective of this exercise is to achieve remote "listening in" the location of the microphone is fairly important.  Given that one wants to hide the dialler but free the microphone so you can hear things I would imagine having a remote mic is probably the most important feature (your thoughts based on experience - how good are these mics/remote mics?).  If so, it probably rules out the SD3 for me, does the SD2 or SD1 have remote mic capability, and/or would you recommend these products over the Texecom unit which does? I have read a few issues with the Texecom unit and the SMS service - this has steered me away from it.  Maybe the CQR GD06 GSM Dialler is the best option - does this permit listening in/remote mics?

The only units that offer remote mics are the texecom and pyronix units.

All units suffer from the reliabilty if the sms service centre you use, im not aware that the texecom is worse than any other, but the gsm units are better as they dont have to dial the centre via the land line, and are caperble of texting in the conventional way.

If your after dialin facility primerly there are audio verification systems that are designed for this, the diallers offer a very basic version of this.