Security Warehouse Support Forum

Accenta G4 Problems

mcfield

Hi,

I'm after some advice on my Accenta G4 system, as with most good DIY project a purchased it a few months ago and only reently got round to fitting it (a wedding got in the way).

Anyway i've installed it and powered the system up and two issues occur.

1) There is no power on light on the system or the key pad (or any light on any of the sensors).

2) Although the key pad (and alarm) operates (i'm assuming from the battery), when i enter the security code on the kep pad it says tamper lockout.

Now i can accept that there may be a tamper fault somewhere but i wondering first whether its all related to the power problem and whether there is perhaps a fault on the board !

Would welcome any advice.

Thanks

Mark

I would remove all wiring from the panel , place a link between the global tamper connections (TAMP) , the T and A connections , and if used the RKP tamper.Check all fuses with a tester , as it is possible that if you have wired the tampers wrong , you may have shorted the AUX supply also.Power the panel up , close the lid , and hopefully all will be well. ???

and one more stupid question.... do i connect up the battery before or after the main supply...

If i do it before, the battery has some residual power it in so sets the system off....

Id do the mains first as its easier to connect that quickly, ie push fuse in. A clean power up is essential. Howver as soon as possible the nattery shoudl be connected. SOme panels need the battery to operate the protective device (ie the lower voltage fuse) if you have a wiring fault you can end up popping the panel with out the battery connected.

To be 100% safe fully charge the battery from the panel with nothing connect to the pnale (other than the mains and the battery)

Right, from my weekend investigations.

All the fuses on the panal are Ok. When the battery is connected the alarm will power up although still no power light on the panal or the RKP. With with the mains connected without the battery the panal is just dead.

I've tested the supply and power is getting to the panal so i assume that its power handling on the panal that the problem, is this easy to fix ?

Do you have a multimeter? if so , check the output of the transformer terminals marked "AC" at the far right of the circuit board, it should read about 18 v AC.If there is no voltage coming out , check that it is going in , at the  mains terminals , don't forget there is a 125mA fuse incorporated in the terminal block.And don't forget..be careful around hazardous voltages.Post back with results.