Security Warehouse Support Forum

Texecom veritas excel

kaibil

Hi,

I hope somebody can shed a light on this fault I have on the Texecom Excel panel.

Installed this on Saturday but Zone 6 keeps triggering after being armed after a few minutes. Checked the Pir and that seems OK.

So removed the Pir in circuit and strapped a 10K resister in Z6 but still activates after a few minutes. Is there a simple solution to this or a faulty

panel. All other zones are working good. Using EOL method.

Thanks in advance.

hmmm...

Can you tell me where the cable that goes to zone 6 is located? Does it go near doorways or underneath carpets? Is the PIR secure on the wall?

You could try removing the PIR cover (a tamper alarm will be generated) and cleaning it out with a soft cloth  as there may be dust on the sensing element.

Check that the cables in the panel and the PIR are fully secure.

Do you exit the house when the alarm is armed? Are you near the cables at all when you arm the system??

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have cracked the problem as a mate was helping and put the resistors wrongly in the sensors.

10K on the alarm and 22K on tamp. Should have been the other way round. So far so good now.

The alarm had triggered a different zone ie 3 when armed unfortunatley the owner told me zone 6 which was incorrect so this led me to check all the zone resistance in the panel with wires removed.

thanks all.